We regularly bring together leaders from consumer-facing industries to share experiences with peers in an informal and confidential environment.
Roundtable DiscussionsRecent events include:
- Going against the tide: Building a luxury brand in a shifting market
- Almost is not good enough
- Turning Vision into Profit
- Thriving Through Change - The Rise of Alexander McQueen
- Felicity Green on Women and Media
- Experience by design: how to build customer experience excellence into your business
- What Makes a Brand Timeless
- Passion, Purpose and People: Building a Business Through Authentic Leadership
- Cosmetics as a serious business
- Virtually Yours: Living Life Online
- Conscience Consumerism - Shopping That's Good For The Soul
- Consumers: The Next Generation
- Is Food the New Rock ‘n’ Roll?
- Football, Fashion and Music - Where Will the Next Global Brand Come From?
In Conversation With...These are intimate events in which high-profile figures talk about their life and work, challenging and inspiring our guests:
- An evening with Jamie Oliver
- Leadership The Nelson Mandela Way: Lessons For Business
- Justin King, CEO, Sainsburys and Raymond Ackerman, Chairman, Pick 'n' Pay, SA
- Andrew Jennings, COO and President Saks Fifth Avenue, New York
- Yasmin Yusuf, Creative Director, Marks & Spencer
- Michael Grade – Entertainer in Chief
- James Palumbo - The Palumbo Affair
- Stephen Marks, Chairman and Chief Executive of The French Connection Group
- How to grow big by thinking small
- Reinvention and the Power of Collaboration
- Tactics For Tough Times
- Is Britain becoming a Nation of Online Shopkeepers
We host monthly round-table discussions that focus on more specific topics relevant to particular industries. Recent topics have included building a team for turnaround in a private equity-backed business, how to structure an international consumer products business, succession planning, employer brand building, ‘sex and power in the boardroom’, ‘how to cure itchy feet’ and ‘the risky business of hiring stars’. We have also held breakfasts for the leading lights in the world of sport in the directors’ boxes at Arsenal and Chelsea Football Clubs.