JD Sports Expands European Operations

The retail chain has acquired a 50.1% stake in Sprinter, a Spanish sports retailer, for €20m in a bid to expand further into continental Europe. The remaining 49.9% of Sprinter’s shares are held by Sprinter's founders, the Segarra family, and the Bernad family who have been investors in Sprinter for 15 years.

Read the full article.