The National Food Strategy is the first independent review of England’s entire food system for 75 years.
It aims to ensure that our food system:
- Delivers safe, healthy, affordable food, regardless of where people live or how much they earn;
- Is robust in the face of future shocks;
- Restores and enhances the natural environment for the next generation in this country;
- Is built upon a resilient, sustainable and humane agriculture sector; and
- Is a thriving contributor to our urban and rural economies, delivering well paid jobs and supporting innovative producers and manufacturers across the country;
- Delivers all this in an efficient and cost-effective way.
The Plan is part two, suggesting ways to deliver the recommendations set out in 2020. You can read the full report here.